Saturday, September 20, 2014

20 September 2014: Tokyo Game Show/Anticipating Games

Hello! So I am doing a Tokyo Game Show 2014 review/Games I am anticipating in the coming year/year and a half!!

Let's start with the consoles I am getting in the future (hopefully near future) and the ones I currently have.

I plan on having all of the next (well it is the 8th Generation/current generation, but next for me since I still only have a 360) gen consoles. This includes the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Wii U, 3DS, and the PlayStation Vita. I have two already, the 3DS and Vita. Now, I bought the 3DS because I wanted Pokemon X (I am hardcore PokeNerd, and I wanted to play Gen VI of Pokemon because I heard fabulous things about it). As for the Vita, I bought the Limited Edition Crystal White Vita Bundle (which came with Assassin's Creed III: Liberation). I was not as impressed with AC: Liberation at all. It just didn't feel as good as AC:III or AC: IV Black Flag. The base price for that was 250USD. And I starved myself most of Senior year (2011-2012) and used some of my refund from Pell grant for it. I couldn't help it. I wanted a Vita so badly because I knew November 2012, Persona 4: The Golden was coming out. Which if you don't know I am seriously a Persona fangirl.

Moving on to anticipating games in the next 6 months:

The first up is Persona 4: Arena - Ultimax. It is basically throwing ALL the characters in there. Margret, Theo, Rise, Adachi, Marie, Junpei, Yukari, Ken and Koromaru, and  some new kid, Sho Minazuki. I loved the first Persona 4: Arena. It is reminiscent of Street Fighter, except like, Persona-y. I love fighters (HELLO I am in love with MK9, even though I am shit at it). Another thing I enjoy is that my favorite character voiced by Vic Mignogna is in the game, Junpei Iori. The whole reason I bought my first PSP was for Persona 3: Portable...for Junpei's hat. Yes, I spent about 130USD for a hat. Big Junpei fangirl, hi.

Release Date: 30 September 2014
Price: 60USD before tax
Systems: PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

I will touch on this game, though I hate horror games (seriously, ZombieU was bad and I can't even sit through Dead Space). But The Evil Within is getting all this hype and I am sort of hoping that someone I know gets it. I want to see just how scary it is. And I mean, I am not not totally opposed to horror games... as long as they are played in daylight. If it's at night, there better be someone there to hold me or calm me down. It's basically a survival horror game and it is third person.  From the wikipedia page about The Evil Within:
While investigating the scene of a gruesome mass murder, Detective Sebastian Castellanos and his partners encounter a mysterious and powerful force. After seeing the slaughter of his fellow officers, Sebastian is ambushed and knocked unconscious. When he awakens, he finds himself in a deranged world where hideous creatures wander among the dead. Facing unimaginable terror, and fighting for survival, Sebastian embarks on a frightening journey to unravel what is behind this evil force.
Neat. I am sort of interested in it. I like murder mysteries (and psychological thriller movies) which this seems to cover.

Release Date: 14 October 2014
Price: 60USD before tax
Systems: Windows (PC), PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One 

I would say this game has a 'cult following.' Bayonetta 2 is the sequel to Bayonetta (well, duh obviously), which got 9/10, and other high rankings as well as IGN UK's "Best Game of the Year." The game follows titular character Bayonetta who is an angel slayer. It was from the maker of the original Devil May Cry games (...yes that is why I wanted to play it). So, that being said. Bayonetta 2 follows our titular lady in a catsuit quite literally into hell. From the Wikipedia page:

Starting a few months after the events of the first game, Bayonetta and Jeanne are fighting off a group of angels who attacked a city during a parade. During one particular attack, Jeanne protects Bayonetta from a sudden demon summon gone wrong, causing her soul to be claimed by the depths of Hell. Upon a tip from her informant Enzo, Bayonetta heads to the sacred mountain of Fimbulvinter. An entrance to Inferno, the Gates of Hell, is said to be inside and Bayonetta plans to use it to save her friend
So, this being said, I am excited. The only issue is that instead of being a PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 game or even a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game, it is a WiiU exclusive (yes, I am buying a 300USD system for this and Mario Kart, don't you dare judge me).

Release Date:24 October 2014
Price: 60 USD before tax
Systems: WiiU Exclusive
 
The major one for me is definitely Assassin's Creed Unity. This game looks so boss (don't make fun of my silly lingo). I absolutely am in love with the fact that it is set during the French Revolution. I am not sure if anyone knows this, but this is one of my favorite periods in history because it is one of the bloodiest revolutions in history (and it sparked the Rococo style, which in turn inspired the Lolita fashion). And the co-op looks sick. From the Wikipedia page:
The main character of the game is Arno Dorian, a native Frenchman who was born in Versailles to an Assassin father. After his father is killed, Arno is adopted, unaware that his new family holds a senior position within the Templar Order, with his new father figure the Templar Grandmaster. Arno blames himself when his adoptive father is murdered, and so sets out on a quest of redemption that brings him into the Brotherhood of Assassins, where he slowly rises through the ranks, much like Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad and Ezio Auditore as seen in previous games.Arno's love interest is a Templar named Elise De LaSerre, the daughter of the Templar Grandmaster who adopted Arno, who also sets out to investigate more about her father's death and its role in a growing ideological change within the Templar Order that threatens its core values.
Release Date: 11 November 2014 for North America; 13 November 2014 for Europe
Price: 60 USD before tax
Systems: PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

An ode to my current partner, Halo: The Master Chief Collection hits shelves same day as both Assassin's Creed  games (Unity and Rogue). Though I am not a first-person shooter (or first-person anything) gamer, I did play the first two? Halo games. I have a strange love affair with the best weapon ever (the Needler). Now, the Needler is basically a stab-y shoot-y (it's a gun that can stab people because it has pointy things coming out of the top). And before you ask, yes, that is the only reason I played Halo on my original Xbox. Anyway, Halo weapons aside, The Master Chief Collection is a collective of Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (AKA Halo 1 remastered), Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4. It will launch shortly 4 days shy of the original Halo launch date of 11 November 2001. Along with the launch version of the game, you will receive a beta to Halo 5: Guardians. Now, there is not much to say about Halo 5 and I am not too sure about if Master Chief is in it... since like, I didn't play Halo 3 or Halo 4 (though I want to...I might ask if I can borrow them...) but it looked like he died from the little I saw of Halo 4 (which was like the very end... someone educate me?).

Release Date: 11 November 2014
Price: 60USD before tax
Systems: Xbox One Exclusive

Guilty Game Confession: I haven't actually played a Far Cry game to date. I wanted to get Far Cry 3, but I never got around to it (oops). With the launch of Far Cry 4, I plan on playing it. It looks great, it has an interesting story from what I have seen... and Troy Baker voices our villain (hells yes, Kanji Tatsumi and Vincent Brooks, oh and Snow Villiers!). To preview plot from the wikipedia page:
The single-player story follows Ajay Ghale, an English-speaking Nepalese native who returns to Kyrat, a wild and untamed region of his home country to scatter his mother's ashes. Once there, he becomes caught up in a civil war as the people struggle under the despotic regime of self-appointed king Pagan Min (Troy Baker). Far Cry 4 marks the first time in the Far Cry series that the main characters are natives to the country in which the game takes place.
It also comes with a special edition called the "Kyrat" edition. It includes 3 bonus missions, harpoon gun, a 7.9 inch figure of Pagan Min, 16.5x30 Pagan Min Propaganda poster, Travel Journal, Map of the open world of Kyrat, and all this is wrapped up in an exclusive collector's box. 

Release Date: 18 November 2014
Price:  60USD before tax for the regular; 130 before tax for the Kyrat Edition.
Systems: Windows (PC), PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Okay, I love Vocaloid as much as the next person (okay, as much as the next person who knows what they are). And the game I want for Vita (finally a game for one of my handhelds) is Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd. It is just like the original Project DIVA game in which it is like Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) for your fingers, just with Vocaloid songs. It will feature new songs along with returning songs, such as "World is Mine," "Romeo and Cinderella,"" and "The Intense Singing of Hatsune Miku."

Release Date: 18 November 2014
Price: 40USD before tax for the Vita version; 50USD before tax for the PlayStation 3 version
Systems: PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3

...Okay nerd alert here: Pokemon Hoenn remakes are a thing. We all knew since Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. So, Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby are launching 21 November 2014. I am personally getting Alpha Sapphire because I had the original Sapphire game waaay back when it was on the GameBoy Advance (Jesus, I am getting old, I have lived through 4 generations of video consoles). I loved the game, it is the game that got me hardcore into Pokemon. I went back and played Red, Blue/Green and Yellow. Then I played FireRed and LeafGreen. And all the way up through the most recent games. I have traveled through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, Fiore, Almia, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos. I can only name a hand full of Pokemon games I have not played (Explorers of Sky and Gates to Infinity being the ones that come to mind).

Release Date:21 November 2014
Price: 40USD before tax
Systems: 3DS Exclusive

...You should've seen this one coming, honestly. PersonaQ: Shadow of the Labyrinth. You know, it's an ATLUS game, it's Persona, and I have to have it (okay, maybe not have but I want to have it). I haven't been following this game too closely, because Ultimax took my attention, along with anything having to do with Persona 5. Which is going to be awesome, by the way. So, I will post the plot here:
At Yasogami High School in Inaba, where a culture festival is being held, a strange bell rings, trapping the Investigation Team inside the school. Meanwhile, the members of the Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad (SEES), find themselves transported to the Velvet Room elevator, which suddenly winds up at Yasogami as well. Discovering a labyrinth hidden below the school, the two groups meet up and explore the area, fighting "shadows" along the way, in order to regain the memories of new characters Zen and Rei, which the characters believe will lead them to freedom. The dialogue and events vary depending on the players choice to follow either the team of characters from Persona 3 or Persona 4.
This game comes as three editions: the game, the "Wild Cards Premium Edition," and the 3DS GameStop Exclusive Edition. So, you can get just the game or:

Wild Cards Premium Edition: You get the game, a case, 'Sounds of the Labyrinth' CD, exclusive artbook, eleven Persona tarot cards (my personal favorite), and an exclusive collector's box.

The GameStoop 3DS XL Edition: The game and a special edition 3DS XL that is themed after the game.  

Release Date: 25 November 2014
Price: 50USD before tax for the game; 80USD before tax for the Wild Card; 200USD before for 3DS
Systems: 3DS Exclusive

Games to anticipate in 2015

Mainly, these are games after the 6 month mark (which is March 2015) that I planning on getting (thank goodness my birthday is in May). So, without further ado, games from 2015 and on.

First on the list: Mortal Kombat X. It is will be referred to as MKX through out the remained of this section. When MKX was announced, I was practically squealing like a little girl. I love the Mortal Kombat franchise. I always have, probably always will. We get new characters in this game, along with returning ones (Ya gotta have Sub-Zero and Scorpion, they are the mascots of the game). A new one I am looking forward to is Cassie Cage. Now, who is Cassie Cage... Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade's daughter. Jesus Christ and his 12 Disciples, that is great. Kano and Raiden will be returning and Goro will be DLC for pre-order.

Release Date: 14 April 2015
Price: Probably 60USD before tax
Systems: Windows (PC), PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One

There are several games that have no release date, which I will also mention. 

There is Dead or Alive: Last Round, which I will be trying to obtain because it will be download only for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 along with physical copies for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (lucky bastards).

Halo 5: Guardians will launch in Quarter 3 or Quarter 4 (so sometime in summer or Holiday 2015). Much is unknown about the storyline, but as mentioned above there is a beta at The Master Chief Collection launch date.

Persona 5 will launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 at Holiday 2015. By then, I will need to get either of those systems so I am able to play it. There is a trailer floating around the internet (check IGN.com for it). It looks interesting, along with the teaser that caused much fangirl-like squealing and screeching to be emitted from my face-hole.

There is another Legend of Zelda in the works as we speak. Unknown launch date but I would assume Holiday 2015 and it will be a WiiU Exclusive. Now, I am a huge Zelda fan, myself and am looking forward to this game. I would like to see how they work the GamePad into the game itself.

Okay, again, I am totally not a fan of FPS, but I have played like one of the Tom Clancy games on the original Xbox. I enjoyed it. And when I was watching E3 2014, Rainbow Six Seige looked great. Yes, that is a guilty confession. I will probably either get it myself or play it on a friend's system. And, going off that game, The Division (Another Tom Clancy game) looked pretty neat as well. However, it is an MMO, and I don't MMO. My games are normally single or dual player at most. I assume that both will launch Holiday 2015. They will be Windows (PC), PlayStation 4 and Xbox One releases. I assume they will be 60USD before tax.

Final Fantasy has been going on forever. But, Final Fantasy XV looks great and will be played real time, just like Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. I am not normally a real-time RPG player, but I am willing to give XV benefit of the doubt. It follows the Fabula Nova Chrystallis mythology which we were introduced to in XIII, XIII-2, and Lightning Returns. However, it is not related to the previous games, since it is set elsewhere.
Final Fantasy XV is set in a world similar to modern-day Earth. The land is divided between various countries that had been locked in a cold war over the nations' crystals, objects of political power. The result of the war is that all but the nation of Lucis have regressed to a medieval state: Lucis has become isolated from the rest of the world and has become a technologically-advanced nation ruled by a family that operates similar to the mafia. Due to the war, all but Lucis eventually lost their crystals: they have since focused their efforts on the development of weapons rather than on the progress of their culture, which left them in their regressive state. The nation of Niflheim is the main enemy of Lucis, and the only one not to have been entrusted with a crystal. Among the other nations of the world are Tenebrae, Solheim and Accordo. In the world of XV, people who have suffered from a near-death experience are gifted with magical powers and the ability to predict the deaths of others from the realm of the dead, ruled over by the Goddess Etro. This power has both positive and negative effects on those who wield it.
I really like the mythology from the Final Fantasy series. I loved how in VII there was Jenova, Chaos, and the like. I really appreciated the Fabula mythology as well. So I cannot wait to see what is in store with the main character, Noctis Lucis Caelum. Also, I like how it mentioned Niflheim, though I am not sure if it is the same place as in VII. Final Fantasy XV has no set release date, but it could launch as early as Holiday 2015 or as late as Quarter 1 2016. Price will probably be 60USD before tax and will be launching on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Of course, there is the new Tomb Raider game: Rise of the Tomb Raider. This game is a sequel to the March 2013 release of the Tomb Raider reboot. I am excited to see the new tombs and storyline in which Lara Croft will be in. I was in love with the reboot and it was a great game (I even bought it for my boyfriend (at the time) this year for his birthday (Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for the Xbox One)). The graphics were nice and the storyline was captivating. From the moment I saw this at E3 2014, I fangirled... like screaming and squealing and clingy to my partner at the time. ...I liked the Tomb Raider reboot that much. And from the trailer it looks like Lara is undergoing psychotherapy (and who wouldn't after the adventure she had, I mean, yikes). It was announced at E3 2014 that it will have a Holiday 2015 release.

And lastly, which I feel like I should touch on (because it has been a long time coming) is Kingdom Hearts III. This game was announced at E3 2013, which was told by the creator it was announced too early (ya think?). But his excuse was that fans are impatient (no shit, Sherlock) to have the finale of the series (well, I mean it was started in like 2002, sooo...). There was a teaser at the end of the trailer of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix at E3 2014 (I will admit, I fangirled (again)... but I couldn't help it! I wanna see the end of this crazy too long series... it's seriously like Final Fantasy now). Since the producer of the game commented on the director (Nomura) working on both Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV, there will be a "significant gap" in the release of the two. So, since we will be seeing a possible Holiday 2015 or Quarter 1 2016 drop date from Final Fantasy XV, we may not even see Kingdom Hearts III until Holiday 2016 at the earliest or Quarter 1 2017. However, these are just my speculations on future drop dates. Kingdom Hearts III will (for the first time in the Kingdom Hearts series) be featured as a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game. It will most likely be available for 60USD before tax. Also, since this is supposedly the finale to the series, there will most likely be a few special editions (and possible collections involving Kingdom Hearts I, Kingdom Hearts II, and Kingdom Hearts III).

These were my most anticipated games of the next year to year and a half along with some fun little speculations about future games. I personally will do a little analysis on Kingdom Hearts and leave an in depth 'where are we in the series thus far' post a little closer to the drop date for Kindom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix (which drops 2 December 2014 for the PlayStation 3).

Thanks Guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers