Wednesday, May 24, 2017

12 May 2017 // Updates and Products I have purchased recently

Hello lovlies!

It's been a little over a year but I have been working on a lot in the last year.
In the past year, a lot has happened.

Let's start with the big things:

In October, I made a big move. I got my license and a car.

This is my car. It is a 2014 Chevy Spark 2LT (so it's pretty much the LTZ of the line - so the top tier). I love this car so much - which makes sense since it is my first car. His name is Hayden and he has several things that I wanted (Bluetooth, USB, Auxillary, heated seats and it is a hatchback).

Though since owning this car, I have realized that something a little bigger (or a lot bigger) would be great. It doesn't store much and it was kind of a pain in the butt. Maybe my next car will be closer to a crossover.

Another thing that happened in the month of October was that I finally moved to Kansas City to live with my boyfriend of over a year (and now we've been seeing each other for 2 years - dating for 2 in August).

Here is Skarekrow and I with the car all packed up. It was uncomfortable for the most part but we got almost everything to KC in one trip. We later would go back for Thanksgiving and get my TV stand (which now sits in the basement of the place we are living since we bought an entertainment center).

This was a HUGE and terrifying move for us. We were both nervous but we managed to find a way to make it work. I mean, there is a lot that goes on in relationships and I would be lying if I said it was a perfect situation. It's not. We fight sometimes and we get mad - but we still love each other. Even when I want to smother him with his pillow - I still love him and want to make him smile.

This was either his birthday visit (early November) or Thanksgiving (late November). We spent the time at my dad's (who was in Florida) or with his mother and sister.

I feel like he makes this face all the time...

Here is us at Christmas - passed out on his uncle's house. We had stayed up late the night before and were tired.

That week, we drove from were we live South of KC to Kansas City, Kansas about 6 or 7 times. His mother and sister came up, his grandma and grandpa, uncles and aunts and cousins were all there as well.

It was the first time meeting most of his family and I was soooo nervous. I can't believe it. But it was interesting to see how similar to his family his is.

New Years Eve 2016: He was totally sober at this point. He tried on his best friend's armor.

He ended the night puking into a trash can and brought to our car. And spent the rest of the night curled up in the bathroom and falling into the bathtub at one point.

I am not sure if he knows his limit yet (it took me 2 years of heavy drinking to find mine xD)

Naka Kon 2017 - We didn't have any costumes so he wore LARP garb and I wore my medieval costume from the Ren Faire last year. However, I wore 3 corsets. I had one to suck it in, one to lift it all and then one over the dress for fashion. It was snowing so Skarekrow let me have his cloak to keep me warm (my dress was short sleeved and I was like "noooope").

Another thing we did (not in February/March) was got and purchased Final Fantasy XV. It was amazing to play a game that we both enjoyed and had a wonderful storyline (unlike Final Fantasy XIII).

The gameplay was great and the characters were really likeable. As of right now, Square Enix released Episode Gladiolus (I cried) and they are releasing Episode Prompto in June (I will probably cry).

Oh, in case it was not obvious, I cried a lot during XV. It was an emotional ride.

We also watched the Final Fantasy XV: Kingsglaive. Skarekrow and I are planning on cosplaying Nyx Ulric and Crowe Altius together. We just need to get the funds.

We don't have them yet, but in mid April my sister texted me a picture of a kitten (that tabby pictured). She told me that she had found two orphaned kittens and they needed a home. I originally claimed the Tortiose shell kitten (the one on the right).

However, when we went to Tulsa for my sister's graduation/my birthday in early May... she told us that they may end up being bonded.

Now we have two kittens. Nyx and Crowe (yes, as in the character we are planning on cosplaying that are from Kingsglaive). The tabby is Crowe and she loves to sleep on my shoulder. Nyx in the tortie and she loves to sleep in her daddy's lap while he plays games.

Here is Skarekrow with his little girl. That is her favorite spot when we let the girls out of their little pen and wander around the room we were in. She would crawl up and nap there.

He told me she would be a mama's girl because both of them would crawl into my hair...

He was wrong. She's totally a daddy's girl.

My sisters and I at Kitty's pinning ceremony. She's now officially a Registered Veterinary Technician. And I could not be prouder of her. This has been 5 years coming and I am so happy to have seen her graduation 2 years ago and again a few weeks ago.

It even inspired me to go back to school. I am in the process of going back to college (community college but at least I am making an effort?).

I hope in the next 2-3 years that I will be able to walk across the stage with my sister(s) cheering me on.

I bought myself a relatively expensive early Christmas present.

The Axent Wear Wireless Cat Ear headphones. They change colors and are Bluetooth.

I am hoping to buy the Ariana Grande ones soon because I want the black ones and the white/silver ones.

I'm weird. I like to have accessories that match ALL my clothes.

These are available in wireless for about 99 USD at Brookstone and the wired ones for about 65 USD.



Let's move on to things I have recently bought that I am in love with:

First up: Face Primer.

This is the Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer.

It is great for dry skin (this was a LIFE SAVER in winter when my face was like >:[ )!

There is no scent (at least to me). And it goes on smoothly.

This primer sells for 32 USD at Sephora, Ulta and Too Faced's website.
Another primer is the Benefit POREfessional Matte Rescue.

I use this in my T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin).

I find that it makes it nice and matte, like it advertises. I was super impressed with the sample I got from Sephora and was in love.

This primer sells for ___ USD at Sephora, Ulta and online at Benefit cosmetics' website.

Going on to eyeshadows:


I bought the Sweet Peach Palette in December. I am in love with it. It smells amazing and it so pigmented. The colors blend beautifully.

My three shades I love so far are: "Talk Derby to Me," "Just Peachy," and "Bless Her Heart."

This palette sells for 49 USD at Sephora, Ulta andToo Faced Cosmetics Website.

The next one I purchased was the Better Together Palette by Too Faced x Kat Von D.

It is heart shaped and is magnetic. So, the two halves come apart.

It came with full sizes of the Better than Sex Mascara and the Tattoo Liner.

"Yours," "Lovely," and "Power Couple" are my three favorite colors.

This palette is supposedly limited edition and costs 65 USD at Sephora, Kat Von D's website, Too Faced Website.

The Chocolate Bon Bon Palette.

Lots of pinks (which is one reason I bought this and the Sweet Peach palette).

Like the Chocolate palette, it smells like hot cocoa and makes me want one as soon as I open the palette.

"Cashew Chew," "Satin Sheets," and "Cotton Candy" are my three favorites from this palette.

This palette sells for 49 USD at Sephora, Ulta and Too Faced Cosmetics Website.

This is the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette.

Like the other chocolate palettes, it smells of cocoa.

These are amazing neutral colors (like the original palette).

The shade I use the most out of this palette is "Butter Pecan."

This palette sells for 49 USD at Sephora, Ulta and Too Faced Cosmetics Website.

THIS is the creme de la creme! The piece de resistance!

The Huda Beauty Rose Gold Textured Palette.

I have been lusting after this since it came out. And since I got birthday money - I couldn't resist any longer.

This is the newest addition to my eyeshadow palette collection - so I haven't had much time to play with it.

On the other hand, I used this both days I needed a makeup look for my sister's graduation. The glitters are like butter and the mattes are sooo gooooood!

I love the pinks and reds in it, not to mention the fact that it has a gold glitter. They stay! The glitters actually stay. I would suggest baking as there is a little fall out, but it is still a great palette.

The palette sells for 65 USD on Sephora online and ShopHudaBeauty.com.

This. Right here.

This is an amazing makeup remover where a little goes a long way.

This was one of the little 100-point rewards. And I love it. When I run out - I'm buying the full size.

There is a light floral scent but it's not overpowering.

I haven't been using it as directed (apply, rub in for 2 minutes, add water and rinse off). I just rubbed it in and took a cotton round to it to take it off, following with my normal face routine.

The sample size is 100 points for a .5 oz jar.
The full size is 32 USD for a 3 oz jar.
Those are really all the products that I have been using lately.

I have been playing a lot with makeup palettes. I am going to try my hand at contouring and highlighting when I have time (I never tried it because I don't even use foundation for the most part, just BB cream).

That is all that I have been doing lately. That is all for now!

Love you guys!

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers